Magnificent climate, beaches with the softest sand, a real treasure trove of delicious food, vibrant nightlife, magical blue sea water with a good wave and a big catch - these are the main reasons why modern travel lovers flock to Mexico. Not to mention the unique and exclusive historical sites that simply amaze even the most sophisticated imagination.
Mexico is in the TOP 10 most visited countries in the world, and the country's most popular resort is Cancun.
Cancun is a laid-back, stately getaway overlooking the Caribbean Sea shimmering in all shades of blue, an unbroken chain of hotels along the beach, and endless rows of cafes, shops, restaurants and malls. All beaches in Cancun are open to the public – it is a public area.
Public catering is presented in different price categories: from democratic fast food and inexpensive cafes to restaurants. Mexican round tortillas, which can be bought at any store, are a must try. They go great with Philadelphia cheese, various vegetables, and anything else you can imagine. A great placer to try them is Tacos Rigo café, located at Cancun Center mall in the Zona Hotelera.
The location of most Cancun hotels, which is called Zona Hotelera, is quite safe for walking at any time of the day: during the day there is a lot of people, and in the evening and at night the police patrols the streets.
For shopping, it is worth visiting the La Isla Cancun Shopping Village shopping area, which is a street with one-story shops of famous and unknown brands, restaurants, fountains and benches for relaxation. It's a pretty place to spend time in. The streets run along the canals, where you can even ride a boat. There are also large souvenir shops where you can buy everything from magnets and ceramics to textiles.
To spend a romantic evening watching the sunset, it is worth visiting the Faro Punta Cancun lighthouse - a romantic and very picturesque place for a walk: rocks, sea and a striped lighthouse.
In addition to the above, Cancun has every reason to brag about its golf courses and clubs, which shall be described more precisely.
Golf in Cancun and Riviera Maya
The most eminent craftsmen have been involved in the design of world-class golf courses in Cancun and the Riviera Maya. Thanks to this, this region of Mexico is confidently turning into one of the most attractive golf courses in the world. The Mayan Riviera, namely the prestigious El Chameleon Golf Club, hosts the famous men's professional PGA golf tour every year.
So, here are the main Cancún golf clubs that true golf lovers should definitely visit.
1. Golf club "El Camaleon" - this is perhaps the most famous golf club in Mexico, located on the Riviera Maya. Greg Norman himself participated in its creation, which contributed to its entry into the history of world golf thanks to the PGA tour.
The golf course has 18 holes, 72 pairs and a length of 6.436 m.
The Mayakoba area is also home to the most luxurious hotels on the Riviera Maya, Banyan Tree Mayakoba and Fairmont Mayakoba.
2. The Grand Coral Golf Club on the Riviera Maya is famous for its golf course from Nick Price, located next to Playa del Carmen, 45 minutes from the international airport in Cancun.
The golf course has 18 holes, 71 pairs and a length of 6.440 m.
3. The Iberostar Paraiso Maya Golf Club is located on the territory of the All Inclusive hotel complex on the Riviera Maya Iberostar Paraiso. The course was designed by P.B. Dai
The golf course has 18 holes, 72 pairs and a length of 6.127 m.
4. El Tinto Cancun Country Club in Cancun was designed by Nick Price
Its course has 18 holes and 72 pairs and is 6,650 m long.
5. Puerto Cancun Golf Course in Cancun in an exclusive area that also houses residences and the new Puerto Cancun Mall. Tom Weiskopf participated in its design.
The course has 18 holes, 72 pairs and a length of 6.622 m.
An important reminder about the required clothing: collared shirt, golf shoes (soft spikes), shorts or bermuda pants. Swimwear and jeans are prohibited.
Luxury hotels in Cancun and Riviera Maya for VIP holiday on the Caribbean coast
The collection includes the best hotels in Mexico where celebrities and movie stars love to relax. With beautifully designed rooms, prime beachfront locations, attention to detail and impeccable service, the luxury hotels in Cancun and the Riviera Maya are considered among the best of the world.
At your service, there are the finest restaurants, world-class SPA, state-of-the-art fitness center with personal trainer service, tennis courts, golf course, kids club with programs entertainment.
Recommended luxury hotels in Cancun are:
The Nizuc Resort and Spa in the city is close to Wet n' Wild and El Rey Rune. The resort is also within easy reach of Playa Delfines and Aquaworld.
Rooms are individually decorated with private balconies and private bathrooms with deep soaking tubs and rainfall showerheads.
The spa offers a full range of services, including massages and body treatments. You can soak up the sun at the private beach or enjoy other recreational amenities including an indoor pool and a sauna. The resort also provides complimentary wireless Internet access, babysitting/babysitting (surcharge), and gift shops/newsstands.
SPA Grand Fiesta Americana Coral Beach
This luxurious 5-star hotel is located next to the beach in Cancun. It features a 3,700 sq.m spa with a full range of services, including body treatments, hydrotherapy, beauty services, including a hair stylist. There is a gym with ocean views. There are 6 gourmet restaurants on site, including an AAA Five Diamond rated French restaurant. Guests have access to bars and room service. There is also a large outdoor pool and a kids' club. Grand Fiesta Americana Coral Beach Cancun offers suites with panoramic or partial ocean views.
Mayan ruins of El Meco are 11.2 km away. Near the Grand Fiesta Americana Coral Beach Cancun, guests can visit the Dolphin Discovery in Isla Mujeres (11.2 km). Mayan cultural center Chichen Itza and Xcaret theme park can be reached by car.
And in conclusion, a little about the sights of Cancun that you can visit after a great game of golf. In addition to world-famous monuments of history and culture, we recommend:
1. The observation deck Torre Escenica - the highest tower of the city, located at a height of 110 meters, is the highest point in Cancun. Its uniqueness lies in the fact that the design is a large glazed booth that slowly rotates, allowing tourists to explore the surroundings without any physical effort.
2. The ruins of Yamil Luum - "hilly land". Historians believe that Yamil Luum was the most important religious center for the Mayan tribe. The main temples are the Scorpion Temple and the Hand Temple. The walls of the first are decorated with figures of scorpions, in the second there were handprints everywhere. Today, floors and part of the walls remain from the former grandiose structures, but even these fragments are enough to feel their former power and grandeur. Once the temples alerted local residents of an impending storm or storm: the walls were built in such a way that the wind, getting inside, created a shrill whistle. Entrance for tourists to the ruins is free.
3. Shel-Ha Park - a wonderful place to relax Shel-Ha Park. The main feature of the huge beautiful park is a natural reservoir. Various representatives of the water world live in the lagoon: dolphins, manatees, rays. The park has two main areas: nature and outdoor activities. Fans of quiet walks will be able to walk through the real jungle and enjoy the amazing scenery. For those who are used to spending time actively, diving, cycling and even rock jumping are provided. To see everything that Shel-Ha is famous for, you need to spend at least a day here. This time will remain in memory as one of the most unforgettable and impressive for a lifetime.
Golf tours and sightseeing vacations in Cancun are extremely popular, especially for visitors interested in Mayan history. Visiting the rich natural sights of the land of Cancun, Tulum and neighboring islands will be no less interesting.