It is difficult to imagine the full grandeur of the Versailles complex from the pictures and brochures. To appreciate the luxury of the former residence of Louis XIV, you need to visit the suburbs of Paris with one of the eight wonders of the world. Embark on a guided tour of Versailles with a English-speaking guide to see the following:
- palace gardens designed by the brilliant architect of the 17th century A. Le Nôtre;
- royal suites decorated with gold stucco and exquisite furniture;
- Mirror gallery - a 73 m long hall (the guide will explain the meaning of 30 picturesque compositions made on the gallery ceiling by the artist C. Le Brun);
- The Grand Trianon - a palace of pink marble and porphyry is the most exquisite architectural ensemble within the Versailles complex;
- Royal Opera House - a grandiose venue ready to host 1200 spectators.
About 10 million tourists visit Versailles annually. With such a frenzy of excitement, the best solution is to book tickets online at 1001guide. This will allow you to save time and avoid crowded lines.