Latvia is a small but very picturesque and hospitable European country. Tourists are attracted here by architectural masterpieces, the purest blue lakes, dense forests and, of course, the Baltic Sea. Prices for holidays by European standards are also moderate. Latvia can offer a wide variety of programs by travel lovers. The pearl of the country is its capital Riga, which is often called "Northern Paris." But almost every city in Latvia has an Old Town with old buildings and narrow streets paved with paving stones. Local English-language guides in Latvia will show you the most interesting places in the country. «1001guide» recommends to pay attention to such Latvian showplaces:
- Rundāle Palace and Museum;
- Gauja National Park;
- Turaid Museum-Area in Sigulda;
- Cēsis, Bauska and Rundāle Castles;
- House of the Blackheads in Riga;
- old town Kuldiga;
- Mitava Palace in Jelgava;
- Bauska Castle in Bauska;
- Dinaburg Castle near Daugavpils;
- Kemeri National Park in Jurmala and many others.
English-language excursions with local guides will allow you to effectively manage your time in Latvia and find out the most interesting about this country regardless of your time here.