Lisbon crowned with a fairytale castle and spread over seven hills is considered one of the brightest capitals in Europe. On a sightseeing excursion, it will win you over with its friendliness and blissfully laid-back lifestyle. No less impressive will be its grandiose architectural monuments:
- the richly decorated Estrela Basilica;
- the majestically austere Cathedral of Se;
- the castle of St. George standing on a hill, which served as a royal residence until the 16th century, today provides tourists with the opportunity to admire the view of the Tagus River;
- Jeronimos Monastery, built in the exotic Manueline style intricately combining the features of Gothic and Renaissance.
During the excursion in English, from a personal guide, you will learn interesting facts about each of these structures. You will also experience the charm of daily life in Lisbon with it:
- listen to melancholic Fado songs in the Mauritanian alleys of Alfama;
- savor custard cakes in modernist patisseries;
- partcipate in a party on Bairro Alto street;
- tour the city on the 100-year-old tram No. 28.
When shopping it is worth relying on a guide again. Leather gloves, golden port wine, vintage accessories - all of this will help to buy all this in specialized stores at affordable prices.
When it comes to tasting the Portuguese signature dish (cod and cream), 1001guide recommends tasting it at the Cervejaria da Trindade brasserie in a former convent refectory.