Kyiv is so beautiful and rich in sights that one sightseeing excursion with an experienced guide is not enough to see them all. Start your acquaintance with the city with a walk along Khreshchatyk, then pay tribute to the main Kyiv shrines: St. Sophia and Vladimir cathedrals, Kirillov and Andrew churches, the ancient Vydubitsky monastery and, of course, the legendary Kyiv-Pechersk Lavra (1001guide strongly recommends all tourists, regardless of their attitude to religion, an excursion to it with a personal guide). Other must-see attractions include:
- 18-century Mariinsky palace;
- National Opera House;
- a masterpiece of Art Nouveau architecture - House with chimeras;
- building of the National Bank of Ukraine;
- Kontraktova ploshcha;
- The Golden Gate created during the reign of Yaroslav the Wise;
- Andreyevsky Descent and M. Bulgakov museum.
To get a complete picture of one of the greenest cities in Europe, complement the sightseeing of architectural monuments with an excursion of Kyiv parks and, of course, take a ride on a tourist boat along the Dnieper.