The northern capital is one of the most attractive cities in Russia. There are a huge number of palaces, museums, parks, fountains, wide excursion opportunities.
1001guide recommends visiting the following places during a sightseeing excursion of Saint Petersburg:
- Palace square, next to which there is one of the largest museums in the world - the Hermitage;
- go to the largest cathedrals of the city - Isaac and Kazan, and the brightest one - Savior on Blood;
- see the legendary Aurora cruiser;
- walk along Nevsky Prospect and along the Peter and Paul Fortress;
- see futuristic objects: Gazprom-Arena similar to a flying saucer, and the tallest skyscraper in Europe - Lakhta Center.
A separate day should be chosen for visiting palaces of the city - Winter, Stroganov, Marble, Yusupov, Engineering castle.
With a guide, you can go on a several thematic excursions, for instance, bridges, cathedrals, canals, theaters in Saint Petersburg.
Outside the city, in Lomonosov, Tsarskoe Selo, Gatchina and the main "pearl" of the excursion program - Peterhof with its magnificent palaces, mansions, royal parks, and fountains - you can see the country residences of kings. Light and music historical shows are often held here; they will interest lovers of reconstruction.
Tourists are also offered unusual guided excursions, for instance, mystical places or rooftops. In summer, night excursions where you can see the ceremony of opening bridges and all the sights of the Northern capital in architectural lighting are popular.