Melbourne has a reputation as Australia's cultural capital with rich architecture and many parks; it is no surprise that tourists from all over the world who go on sightseeing excursions of the city every day are quickly imbued with its charm. Listening to the stories of a English-speaking guide, guests of Melbourne admire its characteristic organic combination of 19th-century monuments with the latest architectural achievements. The excursion program with a personal guide must include an observation of the following:
- Royal Exhibition Center - a masterpiece of Victorian architecture;
- Cathedrals of St. Paul and St. Patrick;
- State Library of Victoria;
- Flinders Street Station - one of the symbols of the city;
- Federation Square famous for its modern architecture;
- Eureka and Rialto towers (they offer a fantastic panorama of the city).
After exploring the main sights, 1001guide recommends taking an excursion of Chinatown - the oldest Chinatown in the world, as well as a ride on the famous Melbourne tram.