Everything related to the most shocking artist of the XX century still arouses genuine interest. Visit the Salvador Dali Museum in Figueres, in the former Forsa Vella theater building, with a private guide. This original structure designed by Dali himself is crowned with a glass geodesic dome and “strewn” with egg-shaped figures.
On a guided tour of the museum, you will see a significant part of Dali's heritage:
- original paintings by the artist and his friends;
- unusual installations (for instance, a room-face with lips in the form of a sofa and nostrils-fireplace with wood “burning” insice);
- canvases by other masters of the brush - El Greco, Bouguereau, Duchamp;
- amazing car with rain inside;
- a dark labyrinth with extravagant jewels made by Dali himself.
The guide will also show you where the crypt is where the embalmed body of the great surrealist rests.
Come to the Dali museum in the morning, as there is a large influx of tourists by 11.00. Book your tickets online via the 1001guide service and you will not have to queue at the ticket office.