Visitors to Bangkok call it "an attack on all senses." Unsurprisingly, it tops the list of the most visited places on Earth in terms of tourist activity. A sightseeing excursion will allow you to comprehend the spirit of this fantastic metropolis.
A professional guide will show you all the jewels of Bangkok:
- Great palace crowned with golden spiers and protected by powerful walls once served as a royal residence;
- 6 m figures of demons guarding the entrance to the Pantheon with statues of eight rulers of Thailand;
- amazingly beautiful temple of the Emerald Buddha - a must-see item of any excursion program;
- 46 m long statue depicting the Reclining Buddha in the temple of Wat Pho;
- figures of mythical creatures and warriors surrounding the temple of Wat Arun;
- Vimanmek is one of the 13 residences of the royal palace of Dusit (English-speaking guide will tell the story of the creation of this grandiose teak mansion).
To see the city's traditional architecture, 1001guide recommends taking a boat tour in English along the Chao Phraya and Tonburi canals. The home of Jim Thompson, a collector of Thai antiques, is also worth a visit (admission fee is 150 baht).