It's time to paraphrase the famous proverb "See Naples and die!" to "See Naples and live!", or even better - go on a sightseeing excursion in this beautiful city with a English-speaking guide. Although Naples located on the shores of a fantastically beautiful bay is rich in historical monuments, it is least of all as a museum: life and fun reign here 24 hours a day. Before plunging into them headlong, you should pay tribute to the main sights of the city, in particular:
- the grandiose castle of Castel Nuovo (be sure to ask the guide to tell you about those pages of its history that are related to the fleet of the English Empire);
- Cathedral of San Gennaro founded in the 13th century;
- the monastery of Certosa (1001guide reminds that an excursion to it will allow you to see the grandiose panorama of Naples);
- opera house of San Carlo;
- early Christian catacombs of San Gaudioso;
- the Palazzo Reale, the residence of the kings from the Bourbon dynasty (another palace, in Caserta, is 40 km from Naples, but it is definitely worth taking an excursion there).
Hotelhunter.com - Search & compare hotel prices from all major travel websites and thousands of official hotel websites.