Madrid is rightfully called one of the world's most beautiful capitals. Excursions here include not only many museums and architectural monuments, but also beautiful parks, cozy restaurants, and the largest outlets offering branded products at affordable prices. You can fall in love with this city during the first sightseeing excursion. 1001guide recommends those in a hurry to take a guided panoramic bus excursion. It is a great way to see all of the city's iconic landmarks while saving time.
Those who plan an excursion route on their own should definitely include the following locations in it:
- Royal Palace with its famous Campo del Moro Gardens;
- Plaza de Cibeles with its monumental fountain;
- Plaza Mayor is where most sightseeing excursions start from;
- "Gate of the Sun" or Puerta del Sol and its main sight - a statue of a bear and a strawberry tree;
- the Prado Museum with its unique exhibition of works of art at a cost exceeding the collection of the famous Louvre;
- the Reina Sofia Museum is part of Madrid's Golden Triangle of Arts;
- Buen Retiro Park - the largest park in the capital;
- “Gates to Europe” - the main symbol of modern Madrid - two skyscrapers erected at an angle of 150.
It is better to observe Madrid museums with a English-speaking guide; you can plunge into the maelstrom of gastronomic pleasures with their cosido madrileño and gazpacho on your own.